Open to individuals 18 years of age and older, Regular Volunteers make up the beating heart of our Auxiliary. Once settled into one of the 20 different departments, Regular Volunteers perform a minimum of 100 hours of service each year, about eight hours per month, but most Volunteers work more frequently. See the Volunteer Roles page for information on the available departments. For information on volunteer opportunities for individuals age 15 to 18, visit the High School Volunteer Orientation page.
Becoming a Volunteer
Interested individuals must first attend one of the monthly Orientation sessions held at the hospital on the second Wednesday of every month from 9:00 am to 11:30 am. This meeting covers hospital procedures, Auxiliary policies, available work assignments, rules, and regulations. Before training begins, Volunteers must:
- Pass a hospital required background check
- Pass two TB tests provided by the hospital without charge
- Receive an annual seasonal flu shot also provided by the hospital without charge.
- Must have completed COVID-19 vaccination and booster(s).
- Masks are not currently required in most areas.
- Sorry, no court-ordered community service or Shadow Program is provided
Volunteers make the following financial commitments:
- Annual Dues of $20
- Purchase of uniform ($20) and accompanying white pants, shoes and tops.
Begin the process and reserve your spot for the next Orientation by submitting the online form below and you will receive a reply. If you prefer, call (760) 940-3125 or stop by the Auxiliary Office at Tri-City Hospital, 4002 Vista Way, Oceanside, CA 92056.